Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Apple Pie

Today I took the kids to Apple Town in Lincoln, Arkansas. They have been growing and selling apples for years. In fact, I remember going there when I was a little girl. We didn't just buy apples, but we also bought apple butter, and apple cider. Of course, the first thing I had to do when we got home was make an apple pie. Who do I turn to when I want to make something really yummy? Well, Paula Deen of course! I have several of her cookbooks, and I knew that at least one of them would have an apple pie recipe. I found the recipe and made the best apple pie that I have ever eaten. I will admit, though, I didn't make the crust. The dough boy helped me out on that one. The kids also had fun playing with the pumpkins.

Kirk managed to swipe an apple when I wasn't looking. Thankfully, they said he could have it!

Aubrie had fun looking at the big pumpkins.

Fun day!

3 comments:

  1. that sure is a beautiful pie...looks like it's from the store...how in the world do you not burn it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!! Glad you told me about it!!

    ReplyDelete