Thursday, September 24, 2009

Once upon a time...

I still remember every detail about my wedding. So many people told me that I wouldn't remember anything that happened. That it would all be a blur by the end of the day. I made a promise to myself before my wedding that I wouldn't let that happen. I decided to make an effort to cherish every moment and to take it all in. After all, you only have one wedding day, right? ;) Our wedding was simple, yet beautiful. I didn't fuss over every detail because I didn't want to stress over the wedding since the marriage is what really matters anyway. Deciding on an outdoor wedding was a decision that was easy for me to make. I prayed for months for beautiful weather and that is exactly what we got. I wanted both of our families to be a part of our day, and they were. I wanted the perfect music, and we had it. I wanted a simple dress, and I found it. I wanted the perfect husband for me, and the Lord blessed me with him. It has been quite the journey so far. We have been through things together that I couldn't have faced alone. We have been blessed with our 2 children, and we raise them together as a team. We take each day as it comes, living by faith and counting our blessings. I still stop and wonder what life would be like without the perfect mate. I am so glad that I will never know.
Beau, I thank the Lord for you everyday.
I love you!
This picture was taken on one of our first dates. I can't believe how young we look! ;)

Ok, this might not make sense to some of you, but I wrote this little poem for Beau before we got married, but we were engaged at the time. We were still in college, and when I wrote it, we were sitting in the computer lab on campus. Beau was doing homework and I was playing around on the computer. I was bored and tired of waiting for him to finish his work, and all of a sudden this popped into my head. I typed it out right then. Literally took me 5 minutes to come up with. That is why it isn't very good! I still wanted to share, so here it goes...

A Poem for Beau

Once I met a boy named Beau,
He became my friend, not foe.

We began to talk and hang out,
He was cute without a doubt.

Sometimes basketball we would play,
We were on the same team, and we liked it that way.

As the days went on, our friendship grew,
We liked each other, but no one knew.

One night, Beau decided to give me a call,
He asked me out, he did not stall.

I said "yes" to his invitation,
We went out the next night with no hesitation.

No kiss that night, but not long to wait,
That happened on our second date.

We would talk for hours in the cold,
We didn't care, and it didn't get old.

Time went on and we stayed together,
I know that this will last forever.

I can't wait to be your wife,
I will love you for the rest of my life.

I love you,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment