Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kirk Samuel

My sweet baby boy is Kirk Samuel. He was born June 28, 2008. He is such a joy and a wonderful addition to our family. Before he came along, I couldn't imagine life with more than one child, but now I couldn't live without him. He lights up the room with his smile and makes my days brighter. He has such a sweet spirit, and he is full of love. He loves to be held and rocked. He would let me rock him all night long if I wanted to. He does, however, have a stubborn side! He just recently learned to walk. Yes, I know what you are thinking. He did walk a little late. At 15 months old, to be exact. Believe me when I say, he is making up for lost time! I think he is going to be a neat freak like his momma because he insists on throwing his diapers away after every change. When I don't let him throw the dirty ones away, he lets me know how mad it makes him by screaming at the top of his lungs. I am working on controlling that, though. He is a work in progress. ;) He is also a climber. He will climb onto anything and has no fear, of course. I have to close all the bedroom doors to keep him out and to keep him from getting into trouble or hurting himself. His favorite word to say is "bye". He knows when to use it, and never forgets to tell someone that he is leaving. I am happy to say that his first word was "momma". I will always remember that moment. He is ALL boy, and he is so tough. If he does hurt himself, he cries only for a second and then moves on to the next adventure. He has only been on the Earth for a short time, but he has brought joy to so many people. I look forward to what each day brings, and I can't wait to see what his future holds.

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of having number two...and honestly, just like you...I CAN'T imgaine at all having two kids. I don't know if I could handle it! We will have two for sure, just not sure now is the timing...did you plan for kirk?

    ReplyDelete